Saturday, March 14, 2015

Kinetix (Legion of Super-Heroes) - Conventionless Convention Sketch #8


Kinetix © DC Comics

Kinetix is a Legionnaire I am not very familiar with. I left the Legion books with the reboot after Zero Hour and only have returned whenever I see the Legion I remember. The times I did see her she was wearing a green dress. I'm pretty sure I have done a CCS of her in that uniform. I seem to remember she has magic powers but apparently Kinetix has been revamped a couple of times. Still fun to draw!

Ink on 11" x 17" bristol board.

1 comment:

Jude Deluca said...

Okay so the Kinetix you've just drawn is her "Terrorform" look.

What happened was, when they started the "Legion" book in the early 2000s, the one Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning wrote, the overreaching plot of the first story arc involved people being mutated into higher life forms called "Terrorforms" and Kinetix was one of them.

She was stuck like this for the rest of the Reboot Legion, and into the Reboot Legion's reappearance during Legion of 3 Worlds. She was then killed by Superboy-Prime, and to add insult to injury, her very essence was absorbed into Mordru. Apparently, after the Reboot Legion's universe was destroyed, all the magical energy went into HER.

Mysa tried rectifying the situation by absorbing Mordru and becoming the Black Witch, but this just basically means Kinetix is inside Mordru INSIDE Mysa.

As much as some Legion fans weren't happy with her Terrorform look, the majority weren't happy with Geoff Johns killing her off just so Mysa would have an excuse to power up.